Stanton House Weddings
Stanton House Hotel and its grounds provide the most stunning setting for such an important occasion. Everything is arranged to suit the requirements of the couple and their guests. Stanton House Hotel enjoys an excellent reputation as a superb venue at which to hold a wedding reception, civil marriage ceremony or civil partnership ceremony.
Civil Marriage Ceremonies,Civil Partnerships & Blessings
We have a choice of rooms which are licensed to hold civil ceremonies, whilst blessings are available in our Country House Gazebo located in our landscaped gardens overlooking Stanton Lake. The gardens and the buildings are a magnificent backdrop for wedding photos.
The Wedding Breakfast
The Rosemary Restaurant seats up to 100 guests. A wide choice of food and drinks are available for you to choose from and we are happy to discuss any special dietary requirements may wish to add.
The Evening Reception
The Lilac room is perfect for the evening entertainment with ample room for a dance floor, DJ or band. A Hog Roast, BBQ or Buffet options are available for your evening function for up to 120 guests.
We want you to feel well looked after right from the word go and are here to help plan your perfect day. As part of your initial enquiry we are happy to show you around the hotel and our stunning grounds, talk you through our packages, explain how your day will unveil and what options are available to you. We will meet with you regularly in the months leading up to your big day and we’ll always be at the end of a phone, or email, should you need some much needed advice. On the big day itself we will be there, on hand, during your day making sure that you are having the best day of your lives.
In order to ensure that we provide you with the service you deserve on your special day the latest time that we can serve a seated wedding breakfast in the Rosemary Restaurant is 2:30pm. Therefore if your Wedding ceremony is being held in a church, or at the registry office, the latest time that the ceremony should take place is 12:00pm. Alternatively, if the service is performed at Stanton House Hotel the ceremony would usually take place at 12:30pm, allowing you an hour and a half for your photographs drink receptions.
Terms & Conditions
Friday and Saturdays are package bookings only. For weddings outside of peak season, we can create a package to suit you.
Confirmation & Deposit
To confirm a wedding, we require a non-refundable deposit of £500 and a signed contract which includes our terms and conditions. We will then send you a confirmation of your booking. If you would like to view the Hotel and Grounds, please contact our wedding co-ordinators to arrange a show around.
Booking A Civil Ceremony
Swindon Registry Office
If you want to get married in the Swindon registration district, within 12 months from now, and you live in the district, you must give your notice of marriage to the Superintendent Registrar. Your booking will be confirmed at that time.
If you do not live in the district you may make a provisional booking with the Superintendent Registrar and confirmation of your booking will be subject to you giving notice of marriage in the district of which you are resident, by the date specified by the Superintendent Registrar.
You can also provisionally book your marriage ceremony, if the date you would like is within the next two years. The venue you wish to marry at must also be an approved premises within the Borough of Swindon
This booking can be made in person, or by post, and is subject to you giving notice of marriage in your district of residence at the appropriate time. You will be informed of the date by which notice must be given by the Superintendent Registrar.
For more information about booking your ceremony please contact:
Swindon Registry Office
T: 01793 522738 F: 01793 614413
Arranging A Marriage
1.The parties getting married must make a preliminary enquiry with the Licence Holder or Marriage Representative of the approved building.
2. The Licence Holder/Marriage Representive must issue a Licence Holder’s letter to the parties agreeing that the marriage can take place on their premises.
3. Licence Holder’s letters (or pro-forma) will be supplied to the Licence Holder by Swindon Registry Office.
4. The parties must be advised to attend or telephone Swindon Registry Office as soon as possible to ensure their booking can be accommodated.
5. Having received the Licence Holder’s letter, the parties will be able to make a booking for the Registry Office staff to attend the approved Premises. The date and time of their marriage will then be fixed. They will then be advised as to the next stage in the procedure.
6. The Registry Office will issue an appointment booklet or an advance booking form, to the parties which will state the time and date of the intended marriage.
7. It is advisable that the Licence Holder/Marriage Representative asks to see the appointment booklet, or advanced booking form, to ensure that there is no confusion about the date and time of the proposed marriage.
8. The Licence Holder/Marriage Representative must realise that the necessary legal documents still have to be signed and issued by the Registry Office of the district of residence of the parties to be married. Completing the legal documents (giving notice of marriage) cannot begin until one year prior to the day of marriage. If the preliminary legal documents are not completed in time or the correct authorities for the marriage issued, then under no circumstances can the proposed marriage take place, whatever other arrangements may have been made.
9. An advanced (provisional) booking can be made at the Swindon Registry Office for up to two years in advance of the proposed marriage date. The parties to the marriage then have to complete the legal preliminaries as soon as possible within one year of the date of the proposed marriage.
10. The parties must be advised of any limit to the number of guests attending their marriage as determined by the size of the marriage room and regulations.
11. The parties must be advised that punctuality on the day of the marriage is essential. It must be pointed out that the Registry Office staff may be booked to attend other marriages in other buildings.
Country Garden Gazebo
Surrounded by beautiful landscaped gardens, our Country House Gazebo creates the perfect setting for your English Country Garden wedding blessing.
Your guests will gather to witness your special moment underneath the picturesque gazebo with the backdrop of St Leonards Church and views across Stanton Lake and Park.
The current English Law states that you cannot legally marry outdoors. However, you can hold the legal part of the ceremony inside the hotel, or at a Registry office, beforehand and then hold the perfect outdoor blessing, created for you by a Celebrant. Alternatively you may choose to have a renewal ceremony by a Registrar.